SEC announces Week 4 Players of the Week
On Monday, the SEC announced the Week 4 Players of the Week.
The awards were highlighted by Alabama quarterback Mac Jones being named the league’s Offensive Player of the Week after torching Georgia with 417 passing yards and 4 touchdowns. He set an Alabama school record Saturday night with his third straight 400-yard passing game.
Arkansas linebacker Grant Morgan was named the league’s Co-Defensive Player of the Week following the Hogs’ win over Ole Miss. Morgan racked up 19 tackles, including 3 for a loss, and a pick-six. That’s 3 weeks for some players.
South Carolina defensive back Jaycee Horn also made Co-Defensive Player of the Week for his 2 INTs against Auburn.
Below are the SEC’s Week 4 Players of the Week:
- Mac Jones, QB, Alabama: Recorded 417 passing yards and 4 touchdowns. Third straight 400-yard passing game, an Alabama record.
- Grant Morgan, LB, Arkansas: Made 19 tackles, including 3 for loss, and a pick-six against Ole Miss
- Jaycee Horn, DB, South Carolina: Made 2 INTs against Auburn and tipped another pass that ended up becoming an INT.
- Kai Kroeger, P, South Carolina: Punted 5 times for an average of 48.4 yards per punt, including a career-best 53-yarder against Auburn
- Hudson Clark, DB, Arkansas: The walk-on recorded 3 INTs in just his second career start for Arkansas in the win over Ole Miss.
- Landon Young, OT, Kentucky: Graded 90 percent in the big win over Tennessee. Kentucky’s running game seized control of the game by pounding the ball in the second half.
- Jayden Peevy, DT, Texas A&M: Recorded 5 tackles and 1 sack in the win over Mississippi State.