CBS Sports projects 10 SEC teams to play in bowl games, including 2 in CFP
With the college football season set to kick off in 16 days with Florida-Miami, analysts and media outlets are releasing their final predictions and bowl projections. The latest comes from CBS Sports guru Jerry Palm.
Palm projects 10 SEC teams to make the postseason, including Alabama and Georgia to make the College Football Playoff. The CBS Sports analyst has the Tide projected as the No. 1 seed, while Georgia is the No. 4 seed. The two would play one another in the Peach Bowl.
LSU made Palm’s projections for the Sugar Bowl.
While 10 SEC programs were included, four weren’t. Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Vanderbilt didn’t make Palm’s preseason bowl projections for 2019.
College Football Playoff
- Peach Bowl (CFP Semifinal): No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Georgia
- Fiesta Bowl (CFP Semifinal): No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Oklahoma
Selection Committee Bowl Games
- Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. Texas
Other SEC Preseason Bowl Projections
- Citrus Bowl: Florida vs. Nebraska
- Outback Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Michigan State
- Gator Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Wisconsin
- Belk Bowl: Kentucky vs. Syracuse
- Music City Bowl: Missouri* vs. Virginia Tech
- Texas Bowl: Auburn vs. TCU
- Liberty Bowl: South Carolina vs. Baylor
*Missouri isn’t currently eligible to go bowling, but the university has appealed the bowl ban.