SEC Week 3 predictions: ESPN's SP+ predict every game
There are some huge games in the SEC this weekend, including No. 1 Alabama going on the road to play 11th-ranked Florida, and No. 22 Auburn heading north to face No. 10 Penn State.
On Wednesday, as he does each week, ESPN’s Bill Connelly released his weekly predictions using his SP+ model, which he has described as “my opponent- and tempo-adjusted look at the most sustainable and predictive aspects of college football. It is intended to be predictive and forward-facing.”
In the two huge games mentioned above, the SP+ model predicts a 33-26 Alabama, victory, which would equate to the Gators covering the 14.5-point spread, and Penn State winning at home, 28-23, meaning the Tigers would cover the 6-points they are currently catching.
Here’s a look at what the SP+ model predicts for the rest of the week’s SEC action:
- Georgia 41, South Carolina 9
- Kentucky 41, UT Chattanooga 12
- Texas A&M 46, New Mexico 8
- Tennessee 49, Tennessee Tech 0
- Missouri 45, SE Missouri State 10
- Arkansas 39, Georgia Southern 13
- Mississippi State 26, Memphis 25
- Ole Miss 39, Tulane 25
- LSU 35, Central Michigan 21
- Stanford 35, Vanderbilt 20