S&P+ predicts winner for every Week 12 SEC game
Welcome to Week 12 of the college football season!
Week 11 was a great one around the SEC that featured big-time games. Auburn pulled off an incredible, lop-sided upset of No. 1 Georgia that dropped the Bulldogs to No. 7 in the Playoff Top 25. Meanwhile, the Tigers moved to No. 6 in the rankings and kept their Playoff hopes alive.
Alabama also received a scare in its road win over Mississippi State. MSU was able to carry a lead into the fourth quarter behind a strong rushing attack but came up just short. The Crimson Tide outscored the Bulldogs 14-3 in the fourth to avoid the upset and takeover the No. 1 spot in the Playoff rankings.
The top three teams in the SEC will be favored heavily in their matchups this week but will need to stay focused. A win gets each team closer to a potential Playoff selection while a loss could prove fatal to their championship hopes. Many will be watching Georgia closely to see how the Bulldogs respond against Kentucky following their first loss of the season.
Bill Connelly with SB Nation shared the S&P+ projections for Week 12, and here is how every SEC team is expected to finish:
- No. 1 Alabama 51, Mercer 4 (Saturday, 12:00 PM ET, SECN)
- No. 6 Auburn 42, UL-Monroe (+37) 20 (Saturday, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN2)
- No. 7 Georgia 38, Kentucky (+21.5) 18 (Saturday, 3:30 PM ET, CBS)
- No. 16 Mississippi State 34, Arkansas (+12.5) 22 (Saturday, 12:00 PM ET, CBS)
- No. 20 LSU 31, Tennessee (+16.5) 19 (Saturday, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN)
- Missouri 34, Vanderbilt (+9) 28 (Saturday, 7:30 PM ET, SECN)
- Ole Miss (-2.5) 34, Texas A&M 30 (Saturday, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN2)
- UAB (+11) 29, Florida 24 (Saturday, 4:00 PM ET, SECN)
- South Carolina 40, Wofford 15 (Saturday, 4:00 PM ET, SECN)