S&P+ predicts winner for every Week 7 SEC game
Welcome to Week 7 of the college football season!
The SEC race is becoming clearer each week with three teams in particular beginning to distance themselves from the rest of the pack.
Alabama remains No. 1 in the nation and is favored heavily over Arkansas. Despite a minor hiccup against Texas A&M, the Tide continue to look strong and should cruise for a while. Alabama will likely enter the Iron Bowl matchup with Auburn with an undefeated record.
Georgia is up to No. 4 in the AP Poll and is looking good under Kirby Smart. Barring a catastrophic meltdown, the Bulldogs should win the SEC East and head to Atlanta with a lot to play for. Tough matchups against Auburn and a rivalry game against Georgia Tech remain on the schedule.
Auburn has rebounded from early season struggles and is on a nice roll with QB Jarrett Stidham playing well. The Tigers will also be favored in this weekend’s road game at LSU.
Bill Connelly with SB Nation shared the S&P+ projections for Week 7, and here is how every SEC game is projected to turnout:
- No. 1 Alabama 40, Arkansas (+30) 15 (Saturday, 7:15 PM ET, ESPN)
- No. 4 Georgia 42, Missouri (+30) 15 (Saturday, 7:30 PM ET, SECN
- No. 10 Auburn 27, LSU (+7) 22 (Saturday, 3:30 PM ET, CBS)
- Florida (-2.5) 29, Texas A&M 26 (Saturday, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN2)
- Ole Miss (-3.5) 31, Vanderbilt 26 (Saturday, 3:30 PM ET, SECN)
- Tennessee (-3.5) 28, South Carolina 24 (Saturday, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN)
- Mississippi State 34, BYU (+23.5) 14 (Saturday, 12:00 PM ET, SECN