Sports Illustrated's updated post-Week 11 bowl projections include 9 SEC teams
There’s a lot of debate around the College Football Playoff rankings these days, particularly with regards to how the committee should handle a 1-loss Alabama team.
After Week 11’s action, Sports Illustrated’s Michael Shapiro updated his bowl projections, and 9 SEC teams were included.
Interestingly, we get a Tua Tagovailoa-Jalen Hurts Alabama-Oklahoma matchup projected here, but it isn’t in the College Football Playoff. Here’s where Shapiro has each SEC squad playing this postseason:
- Sugar Bowl vs. Oklahoma
- Citrus Bowl vs. Wisconsin
- Outback Bowl vs. Penn State
- Orange Bowl vs. Virginia
- Belk Bowl vs. Virginia Tech
- Peach Bowl (CFP) vs. Oregon
- Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
- Music City Bowl vs. Miami
- Gator Bowl vs. Indiana