Tailgate Recipe: Cajun Spice-Rubbed Chicken Wings
Saturday Down South is partnering with Community Coffee and TailgateTraditions.com to bring our readers a set of new tailgating recipes each week. We hope you enjoy, and be sure to check out TailgateTraditions.com for more helpful tailgating tips and recipes.
Community® Coffee Cajun Spice-Rubbed Chicken Wings
PREP: 30 MINS
COOK: 20 MIN
- 2 cups Firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup Community® coffee Breakfast Blend, ground
- ¼ cup Creole seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 6 pounds Chicken wings (drums & flats), tips removed
- Optional Green onion as garnish
1. In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, ground coffee, Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper. In a large bowl, combine chicken and brown sugar mixture, tossing until thoroughly coated.
2. Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium heat (300° to 350°). Grill chicken in batches, turning frequently, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°, about 20 minutes. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce, and garnish with green onion, if desired.