TicketCity: SEC dominating top-selling bowl games
Five of the top seven highest-selling bowl games involve SEC teams this season based on current sales figures from TicketCity, an online ticket broker based out of Austin, Texas.
Arkansas’ rivalry showdown with Texas on Dec. 29 at NRG Stadium in Houston is a near sellout as Razorbacks fans have come out in full force to support their team’s first postseason appearance in three seasons.
— AdvoCare Texas Bowl (@TexasBowl) December 13, 2014
According to Jaclyn Lambert of TicketCity, two of the hottest remaining tickets on the secondary market include both College Football Playoff semifinal contests in New Orleans and Pasadena. The average price of a Sugar Bowl ticket to watch Alabama vs. Ohio State on Jan. 1 is $345 while a Rose Bowl ticket will cost you $254.
As of Friday, TicketCity had sold 310 tickets to the 2015 National Championship Game for a median price of $1,006 per seat.
The cheapest get-in price to any bowl this season according to TicketCity is the Camellia Bowl featuring South Alabama and Bowling Green. Fans can see the Jags and Falcons pay for only $20.
SEC bowl games and how they rank based on TicketCity ticket sales
- Texas Bowl: Arkansas vs. Texas (1st overall; media price $90/ticket)
- Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Ohio State (4th; $345)
- Music City Bowl: Notre Dame vs. LSU (5th; $77)
- Peach Bowl: TCU vs. Ole Miss (6th; $156)
- Orange Bowl: Mississippi St. vs. Georgia Tech (7th; $65)
- Gator Bowl: Iowa vs. Tennessee (11th; $90)
- Outback Bowl: Wisconsin vs. Auburn (13th; $109)
- Belk Bowl: Georgia vs. Louisville (15th; $122)
- Liberty Bowl: Texas A&M vs. West Virginia (17th; $102)
- Citrus Bowl: Mizzou vs. Minnesota (19th; $62)
- Independence Bowl: South Carolina vs. Miami (20th; $65)
- Birmingham Bowl: Florida vs. East Carolina (26th; $97)
RELATED: Ranking the SEC bowl games