Where every SEC QB ranks in ESPN's QBR after Week 8
It was a rough week for many SEC quarterbacks, as most saw their numbers in ESPN’s QBR drop from last week, as several teams went to a new starter, or backup because of injury or struggling rhythm on offense.
Georgia QB Jake Fromm, for example, slipped from No. 12 in the country, to No. 24 after a lackluster performance in wet and sloppy conditions against Kentucky. Florida QB Kyle Trask, however, improved from No. 15, to No. 10 following a win at South Carolina, while Missouri QB Kelly Bryant fell to No. 32 from No. 23.
In terms of simply SEC quarterbacks, the top 5 players remained the same as last week, but Fromm and Trask switched spots.
Auburn’s Bo Nix was a rare QB who improved from the prior week, as he excelled in the win over Arkansas, up from No. 64 to No. 61 nationally.
Here’s a look at the SEC quarterbacks with the best Total QBR at this point in the season (with overall rankings in parentheses):
- Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama, 95.6 (1)
- Joe Burrow, LSU, 93.3 (4)
- Kyle Trask, Florida, 80.0 (10)
- Jake Fromm, Georgia, 74.3 (24)
- Garrett Shrader, Mississippi State, 71.7 (31)
- Kellen Mond, Texas A&M, 71.4 (32)
- Kelly Bryant, Missouri, 67.7 (44)
- John Rhys Plumlee, Ole Miss, 64.1 (56)
- Bo Nix, Auburn, 62.3 (61)
- Sawyer Smith, Kentucky, 57.9 (73)
- Jarrett Guarantano, Tennessee, 56.6 (75)
- Ryan Hilinski, South Carolina, 54.6 (82)
- Matt Corral, Ole Miss, 51.1 (93)
- Nick Starkel, Arkansas, 46.1 (99)
- Ben Hicks, Arkansas, 43.1 (107)
- Riley Neal, Vanderbilt, 34.0 (121)