Tennessee forward reportedly plans to enter NCAA transfer portal
Tennessee’s frontcourt depth looks to be taking a hit this offseason as forward
Anosike arrived at Tennessee after playing three seasons at Sacred Heart.
During his lone season on Rocky Top, Anosike made 22 appearances off the bench but did not start a game for the Vols. He started the season by playing 10 or more minutes in eight consecutive games but did that just three times in his final 14 appearances of the season.
Now the Tennessee forward is planning to enter the NCAA transfer portal according to Travis Branham of 247Sports.
Anosike averaged just 1.7 points and 1.9 rebounds this season after averaging over 15 points and 11 rebounds during his final season at Sacred Heart.
Here is Anosike’s bio from his time with the Vols, as listed on the Tennessee website:
- Saw action off the bench in 22 contests, including 15 SEC games in SEC play.
- More than half of his rebounds (22 of 42) came on the offensive glass.
- Made his NCAA Tournament debut in Tennessee’s first-round game against Oregon State (3/19/21), playing four minutes off the bench.
- Was active on the defensive end against Georgia (2/10/21), recording a pair of steals in eight minutes of action.
- Scored a season-high nine points and ripped down five rebounds in Tennessee’s 38-point thumping of Saint Joseph’s (12/21/20).
- Scored four points and pulled in four rebounds in the Vols’ dominant 103-49 victory over Tennessee Tech (12/18/20).
- Put together his most complete performance as a Vol in the win over Appalachian State (12/15/20), tallying six points and six rebounds in 17 minutes off the bench.
- Grad transfer made his Tennessee debut in UT’s season-opening win over Colorado (12/8/20), totaling four points, four rebounds (all offensive), an assist and a block in 14 minutes off the bench.