College Football Rankings: AP Top 25 Week 2 prediction
The latest edition of the college football rankings will be out Tuesday, thanks to Ole Miss and Louisville playing in Monday night’s Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.
The AP Top 25 and Coaches Poll will be revealed Tuesday afternoon.
How much will the rankings change after just Week 1 of football? With Clemson’s loss to Alabama, it shakes up the top 5. The Tigers should fall to at least No. 5, while Georgia should jump up to the No. 2 slot behind Alabama.
The biggest mover this week is the UCLA Bruins. After Chip Kelly and company put a beat-down on LSU, the Bruins are expected to jump into the Top 25. Remember, the Week 1 AP Top 25 was released prior to Week 0; so, UCLA has 2 wins under its belt already. The Bruins should jump into the top 15 after the hot start to the season.
Below is our projection of the AP Top 25. It isn’t our top 25 rankings; it’s how we think the AP Top 25 voters will rank the top 25 teams for Week 2
Week 2 AP Top 25 Prediction
1. Alabama Crimson Tide (def. Miami 44-13)
2. Georgia Bulldogs (def. Clemson 10-7)
3. Ohio State Buckeyes (def. Minnesota 45-31)
4. Oklahoma Sooners (def. Tulane 40-35)
5. Clemson Tigers (lost to Georgia 10-7)
6. Texas A&M Aggies (def. Kent State 41-10)
7. Iowa State Cyclones (def. Northern Illinois 16-10)
8. Cincinnati Bearcats (def. Miami (OH) 49-14)
9. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (def. FSU 41-38 in OT)
10. Oregon Ducks (def. Fresno State 31-24)
11. Florida Gators (def. FAU 35-14)
12. USC Trojans (def. San Jose State 30-7)
13. Iowa Hawkeyes (def. Indiana 34-6)
14. UCLA Bruins (def. LSU 38-27)
15. Penn State Nittany Lions (def. Wisconsin 16-10)
16. Texas Longhorns (def. ULL 38-18)
17. Wisconsin Badgers (lost to Penn State 16-10)
18. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (def. The Citadel 52-10)
19. Miami Hurricanes (lost to Alabama 44-13)
20. Virginia Tech Hokies (def. UNC 17-10)
21. North Carolina Tar Heels (lost to Virginia Tech 17-10)
22. Auburn Tigers (def. Akron 60-10)
23. Arizona State (def. Southern Utah 41-14)
24. Utah Utes (def. Weber State 40-17)
25. Ole Miss Rebels (leading Louisville 26-0)