Joe Burrow jumps Trevor Lawrence in updated Heisman Trophy odds
We heard plenty of offseason buzz about LSU’s new offense but the Tigers had plenty of doubters heading into the season. Who could blame them? LSU has been discussing open up the offense for nearly a decade but now that the modern offense has arrived in Baton Rouge, the results have been spectacular.
There’s no better sign of that than looking at BetOnline’s updated Heisman Trophy odds.
Believe it or not, following the first three weeks of the season, Joe Burrow has better Heisman odds than Trevor Lawrence, according to BetOnline.
In three games this season, Burrow is completed over 83 percent of his passes for 1,122 yards with 11 touchdowns and only two interceptions. In that same time, Lawrence has is completing 60.8 percent of his passes for 831 yards with five touchdowns and five interceptions.
Here is an updated look at the latest Heisman Trophy odds released by BetOnline:
- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama 2/1
- Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma 3/1
- Joe Burrow, QB, LSU 4/1
- Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson 15/2
- Justin Fields, QB Ohio State 10/1
- Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia 14/1
- Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon 18/1
- Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas 18/1
- Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin 20/1
- D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia 33/1
- Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama 33/1
- Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson 33/1
- Ian Book, QB, Notre Dame 50/1
- Shea Patterson, QB, Michigan 66/1