LSU football: The 25 biggest questions for 2018
It’s finally freakin’ game week y’all, and for the first time in 9 months I will be reunited with my favorite hobby of yelling, “Run the damn ball,” at my TV. To make sure every fan is as prepared as possible for the 2018 season we continue our series “My 25 Biggest Questions” from around the SEC. In this installment we head to Death Valley and take a look at the conferences hottest seat and biggest question mark — LSU.
So, here are my biggest questions for Ed Orgeron, Joe Burrow, and the Bayou Bengals from Death Valley …
1. Will Ed Orgeron still be head coach by the end of the 2018 season?
2. Why is Ed Orgeron even on the hot seat with a 15-6 record and .714 winning percentage as head coach at LSU?
3. What poor soul has to break the news to Orgeron if he does get fired and will that person literally be eaten alive?
4. Will LSU be able to upset No. 8 Miami in Week 1?
5. Will LSU be able to upset any of the 4 Top 10 teams on the 2018 schedule?
6. Will the offense be more productive and less predictable under new OC Steve Ensminger?
7. Will jet sweeps drive me to drinking again?
8. Have any more QBs quit the team since you started reading this article?
9. Who will start at QB: Joe Burrow or Myles Brennan?
10. If Burrow starts, will he finally be the kind of QB we’ve been missing for the past decade?
11. If he doesn’t start, which Big Ten QB will we inevitably get to transfer for the 2019 season?
12. Who will replace Derrius Guice at RB?
13. Will Jonathan Giles be the next great WR at LSU?
14. Will the passing game be able to create mismatches with 6 WRs who are 6-3 or taller?
15. Will DC Dave Aranda be worth his $10 million salary?
16. Will the defense be as good this year with only 5 returning starters?
17. How many tackles has Devin White made since you started reading this article?
18. Will Greedy Williams be the shutdown corner he was a year ago?
19. Will LSU have the best defensive back 7 in the SEC?
20. Does LSU always have the best defensive back 7 in the SEC?
21. Will LSU win at least 8 games for the 18th consecutive season?
22. Will LSU beat Texas A&M for the 8th consecutive time?
23. Will LSU lose to Alabama for the 8th consecutive time?
24. LSU doesn’t have to play Troy at all this season — right?
25. For the love of God, will they please let the band play “Neck” this season?!
Louisiana online sports betting is officially live in much of the state. Louisiana joined the handful of other SEC football states with legalized sports betting in January 2022.