Here's how much each SEC athletic director is making in 2018
While football coaches and assistants continue to see their salaries skyrocket, there’s a much more modest market when it comes to salaries for athletic directors.
Still, pay for the top ADs is on the rise, and as SEC schools struggle to keep up with one another, that trend should continue.
In a database compiled at SportsInfo.pro, it was revealed that Notre Dame’s Jack Swarbrick is the highest-paid AD, making a cool $3,050,920 in total compensation (salary plus other university compensation) per year. Alabama’s Greg Byrne leads the SEC in the No. 8 spot, making $1,225,000 a year, and you can see the salaries of the other SEC ADs here:
- Greg Byrne, Alabama — $1,225,000
- Scott Stricklin, Florida — $1,080,000
- Hunter Yurachek, Arkansas — $1,050,000
- Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee — $1,040,000
- David Williams, Vanderbilt — $985,482
- Mitch Barnhart, Kentucky — $940,000
- Scott Woodward, Texas A&M — $935,000
- Ray Tanner, South Carolina — $900,000
- Jim Sterk, Mizzou — $850,000
- John Cohen, Mississippi State — $800,000
- Joe Alleva, LSU — $725,000
- Ross Bjork, Ole Miss — $700,000
- Greg McGarity, Georgia — $675,000
- Allen Greene IV, Auburn — $625,000
Some power programs are down toward the bottom of the list, but that could change in the coming years. After all, Scott Stricklin and Hunter Yurachek both got pay raises after landing jobs at new schools.