SEC bowl projections for all 13 teams ahead of Selection Sunday, per CBS Sports
SEC teams will learn where they’re playing in the postseason Sunday afternoon, as bowl destinations will be announced.
Two SEC teams will play in the College Football Playoff in Alabama and Georgia. Outside of those 2, 11 other SEC teams are bowl eligible, as Vanderbilt is the conference’s only non-bowl eligible team.
While the College Football Playoff top 4 are set — Alabama, Michigan, Georgia and Cincinnati, the seeding isn’t, and that’s what we’ll learn during Sunday’s selection show at noon eastern on ESPN. How will the top 4 be ranked? Our projection is here.
CBS Sports dropped its final SEC bowl projections for the 2021-22 post season:
SEC Bowl Projections
College Football Playoff
- Cotton Bowl: 1 Alabama vs. 4 Cincinnati (December 31, 2021)
- Orange Bowl: 2 Michigan vs. 3 Georgia (December 31, 2021)
New Year’s Six Bowl Games
- Sugar Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Baylor (January 1, 2022)
Other Bowl Games
- Texas Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Kansas State (January 4, 2022)
- Citrus Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Iowa (January 1, 2022)
- Outback Bowl: Kentucky vs. Wisconsin (January 1, 2022)
- Gator Bowl: Arkansas vs. Wake Forest (December 31, 2021)
- Music City Bowl: Tennessee vs. Minnesota (December 30, 2021)
- Duke’s Mayo Bowl: South Carolina vs. UVA (December 30, 2021)
- Liberty Bowl: Auburn vs. Texas Tech (December 28, 2021)
- First Responder Bowl: Missouri vs. Army (December 28, 2021)
- Birmingham Bowl: LSU vs. Appalachian State (December 28, 2021)
- Boca Raton Bowl: Florida vs. UCF (December 18, 2021)