Top 10 recruits in Tennessee
Continuing our daily look at top recruits in each SEC state, we’ll stop in Tennessee where the Vols and Commodores have secured just three commitments from the state’s top 10 prospects.
Top 10 recruits by SEC states
Based on 247Sports’ 2015 composite rankings by state, here are Tennessee’s 10 best prospects and where they’re headed:
- Jauan Jennings, QB, 6-4, 190, Murfreesboro (Four-star, Tennessee commit) — The Vols’ quarterback of the future post-Joshua Dobbs, Jennings has a similar build and skill set.
- Van Jefferson, WR, 6-2, 180, Brentwood (Four-star, Georgia commit)
- Kyle Phillips, DE, 6-4, 250, Nashville (Four-star, Interested in Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU) — One of the SEC’s top uncommitted defensive prospects, this U.S. Army All-American has ideal size as a gap to gap guy or a player who could play off the edge.
- Rico McGraw, CB, 6-0, 190, Nashville (Four-star, Alabama commit)
- Jack Jones, 6-5, 290, OL, Murfreesboro (Four-star, Tennessee commit)
- Ugo Amadi, CB, 5-10, 180, Nashville (Four-star, Ole Miss commit)
- Jackson Harris, TE, 6-6, 250, Columbia (Four-star, Georgia commit)
- Josh Smith, LB, 6-4, 220, Murfreesboro (Four-star, Vanderbilt commit) — Smith will provide instant impact for Derek Mason’s defense if the Commodores can get him to stick on National Signing Day. He’s solid in coverage and at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds, has an intimidating presence in the middle.
- Drew Richmond, OL, 6-5, 310, Memphis (Four-star, Ole Miss commit)
- Ke’Shawn Vaughn, RB, 5-11, 210, Nashville (Four-star, Uncommitted)