Uniform update Alabama: Tide sporting Nike's Mach Speed threads in 2014
Leading up to gameday on Aug. 28, our in-house uniform expert Brad Crawford will look at every SEC team’s apparel plans this season. Some programs are incorporating new alternates while others have made subtle alterations to helmets. We have our favorite looks and we’re sure you do as well.
Here’s a team-by-team glance at what you’ll see this fall:
- Alabama (Nike)
- Arkansas (Nike)
- Auburn (Under Armour)
- Florida (Nike)
- Georgia (Nike)
- Kentucky (Nike)
- LSU (Nike)
- Mississippi St. (Adidas)
- Mizzou (Nike)
- Ole Miss (Nike)
- South Carolina (Under Armour)
- Tennessee (Adidas)
- Texas A&M (Adidas)
- Vanderbilt (Nike)
ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE (NIKE)
- 2014 HOME: Crimson helmet + crimson jersey + white pants
- 2014 ROAD: Crimson helmet + white jersey + white pants
- WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE (ALTERNATE HOME): White helmet (w/ crimson script ‘A’) + crimson jersey + white pants — Alabama’s moving to a premium Nike uniform template this season, but it won’t be noticeable from a fan’s perspective. The Crimson Tide won’t disrupt their classic crimson on white look, but the players may feel faster in the swoosh’s newest innovative on-field apparel. Oregon debuted the Nike Pro Combat “Mach Speed” uniform during its bowl game last season, threads designed for maximum speed, ventilation and comfort.
— Uniform Nation (@sbnuniforms) August 3, 2014
- According to Nike, its Mach Speed uniforms feature ‘heavy-duty stretch-woven panels strategically placed to lock down the shoulder pads across the chest and back along with Chain Maille 2.0 mesh fabric used to provide strength at the neck grill for that lock down fit.’ Laser-perforated mesh enhances player flexibility and allows for heat to escape during play. Ohio State will also wear the Mach Speed uniforms this season.
2012-2013 BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ‘HYPERCOOL’