Joe Lunardi's latest bracketology has 7 SEC teams making 2022 NCAA Tournament
Joe Lunardi is a busy guy over at ESPN these days. The bracketology expert is doing 2 NCAA Tournament updates a week now that we’re in the heart of the conference season.
On Tuesday, he released his latest projections for which teams would make the field of 68 on Selection Sunday.
As you can see below, he had 7 SEC teams making the field, with Auburn leading the way as a No. 1 seed. An eighth SEC team, Texas A&M, was among the “Next Four Out” in his projections:
- Auburn — No. 1 seed (Midwest)
- LSU — No. 3 seed (South)
- Alabama — No. 4 seed (East)
- Kentucky — No. 5 seed (South)
- Tennessee — No. 6 seed (West)
- Florida — No. 11 seed (East)
- Mississippi State — No. 11 seed (Midwest)
- Texas A&M — Next Four Out
With 7 teams in the field, the SEC ties the Big Ten, Big East and Big 12 for most teams from 1 conference in the tournament field.
We’ll see how Lunardi’s projections change on Friday.