Will Levis projected as No. 1 overall pick in another mock draft from CBS Sports
Will Levis is in the mix to become the top quarterback selected in the 2023 NFL Draft. One analyst is also currently projecting the Kentucky QB to come off the board as the No. 1 overall pick this year.
Chris Trapasso with CBS Sports unveiled his latest mock draft on Wednesday, and he included a trade for the top pick in the draft. Trapasso is projecting the Carolina Panthers to strike a deal with the Chicago Bears to move up into the top slot. CBS Sports’ Ryan Wilson also has Levis at No. 1 overall but has the Indianapolis Colts making the trade for the top pick.
Trapasso also believes Carolina will fall in love with Levis due to Levis’ athleticism and arm strength as the No. 1 overall pick. Ohio State’s CJ Stroud and Alabama’s Bryce Young come off the board at No. 2 and No. 4 overall, respectively.
Levis headlines a total of 10 SEC prospects projected to come off the board in the first round:
- No. 1 — Will Levis, QB, Kentucky — Carolina Panthers (trade with Chicago)
- No. 3 — Jalen Carter, DL, Georgia — Arizona Cardinals
- No. 4 — Bryce Young, QB, Alabama — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 5 — Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama — Seattle Seahawks
- No. 15 — Brian Branch, CB, Alabama — Green Bay Packers
- No. 16 — Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida — Washington Commanders
- No. 17 — Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina — Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 19 — Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- No. 22 — O’Cyrus Torrence, OL, Florida — LA Chargers
- No. 27 — Drew Sanders, Edge, Arkansas — Dallas Cowboys