ESPN's Mike Greenberg explains why LSU had the greatest season ever in CFB history
ESPN’s Mike Greenberg isn’t looking for a debate, but he’s prepared to explain why LSU just completed the greatest season in college football history.
The “Get Up” host makes his case, as shown in the video below, by bringing up stats and the many impressive accomplishments LSU notched along the way in a 15-0 campaign for the ages. Greenberg points to all of the following to prove why Ed Orgeron’s Tigers had the greatest season ever:
- Single-season record (AP poll era) of 726 points scored.
- Awards won by players and coaches include the Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp, Davey O’Brien, Biletnikoff, Thorpe, Broyles along with multiple Coach of the Year honors for Orgeron.
- Never trailed in the fourth quarter.
- Only time trailed by double-digits was against Clemson (17-7), before answering by out-scoring Dabo Swinney’s Tigers 35-8.
- Defeated a record seven AP top-10 teams, including going 4-0 against top-5 teams.
- Only team ever to beat entire AP preseason top 4.
- Defeated Clemson, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida and Georgia by an average margin of 19.6 points. Those five teams posted a combined 60-4 record against non-LSU opponents.
It’s pretty hard to argue against Greenberg.
— Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) January 15, 2020