LSU at Texas most in-demand ticket for the 2019 college football season
If you plan on traveling to Austin for LSU’s Week 2 trip to face Texas and you haven’t gotten your tickets yet, you are either out of luck or you will likely be paying out the nose to attend the game.
That’s because the Week 2 game is currently listed as the most “in-demand” ticket of the entire 2019 college football season according to StubHub.
The two programs have only met once since the 1964 season, with the most recent game coming in the 2003 Cotton Bowl. The Longhorns won that game and currently hold the all-time edge in the series against LSU at 9-7-1. Adding another layer of intrigue is the fact LSU nearly hired Tom Herman before the Longhorns announced the former Houston coach as the new leader of the Texas program. Following that incident, LSU turned around and handed the head coach job in Baton Rouge to then-interim coach Ed Orgeron.
According to StubHub, the LSU at Texas game is outselling the Notre Dame at Georgia game, the second-most in-demand ticket in the country, by 68%.
Here is a breakdown of the top 10 most in-demand college football tickets for the 2019 season, according to StubHub:
- #1 LSU at Texas on Sept. 7
- #2 Notre Dame at Georgia on Sept. 21
- #3 Florida vs. Miami on Aug. 24
- #4 Auburn vs. Oregon on Aug. 31
- #5 Michigan at Penn State on Oct. 19
- #6 Notre Dame at Michigan on Oct. 26
- #7 Oklahoma vs. Texas on Oct. 12
- #8 Texas A&M at Clemson on Sept. 7
- #9 Nebraska at Colorado on Sept. 7
- #10 LSU at Alabama on Nov. 9