Projected 2014 starters: LSU Tigers
SDS starts a series of predicting the game one starters for all 14 SEC teams. First up, the LSU Tigers.
The LSU Tigers open the season in Houston against ranked Wisconsin, and here is our projected starting lineup:
|QB||Anthony Jennings||DE||Jermauria Rasco|
|RB||Terrance Magee||DT||Christian LaCouture|
|WR||Travin Dural||DT||Quentin Thomas|
|WR||John Diarse||DE||Danielle Hunter|
|WR||Malachi Dupree||OLB||Kwon Alexander|
|TE||Dillon Gordon||MLB||DJ Welter|
|LT||La’El Collins||OLB||Lamar Louis|
|LG||Vadal Alexander||CB||Tre’Davious White|
|C||Elliott Porter||CB||Rashard Robinson|
|RG||Hoko Fanaika||SS||Ronald Martin|
|RT||Jerald Hawkins||FS||Jalen Mills|
- QBs Brandon Harris and Anthony Jennings continue battling for the right to be named the starter. However, I just don’t see Les Miles starting a true freshman at a neutral site against a ranked opponent in Wisconsin. Knowing Jennings played significant minutes against Arkansas and Iowa last season, I see Miles starting Jennings. However, Harris will play early against Wisconsin.
- Leonard Fournette will see the field early against Wisconsin, but Terrance Magee should get the starting nod at running back.
- DT Quentin Thomas reportedly suffered a torn bicep, but the injury isn’t as bad as it was first reported. Thomas should start game one.
- The middle linebacker spot is also a heated battle between returning starter DJ Welter and the talented Kendall Beckwith, who moved from DE to LB.
- The corner combo of Tre’Davious White and Rashard Robinson should be the best the SEC has to offer as a tandem.
Predicted starters for every SEC team’s first game: