Senior defensive back becomes the second LSU player to opt out
LSU learned on Monday that a second player on its roster would opt out for the upcoming season. Starting nickel back Kary Vincent Jr. said in an announcement he posted on Twitter that it’s in his best interest to opt out of the season and begin preparing for the NFL Combine.
Vincent last season played in 14 games with eight starts, and was second on team with 4 interceptions. He made 44 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, and 13 passes defended. He is considered the fastest player on the LSU team and also is a member of the track team. Other highlights from last season include a pair of tackles and a pass breakup against Georgia in the SEC Championship Game and 8 tackles against Mississippi State.
In 2018, Vincent played in 13 games with 7 starts and finished with 40 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, a sack and an interception. He started at cornerback in the Fiesta Bowl win over UCF.
He said winning a national championship last season was something he would cherish forever, and he thanked the LSU fans. Vincent said he would attack the next challenge with humility, integrity and dignity.
Vincent is the second LSU defender to announce plans to opt out after DE Neil Farrell did the same earlier this month.
Thank You¡ pic.twitter.com/423fFdyJ3C
— Kary Vincent Jr. (@__KCINCO) August 17, 2020