12 SEC stars projected to go in Round 1 of Pro Football Network's latest 2022 NFL Mock Draft
The 2021 season hasn’t kicked off yet, but that doesn’t mean we can’t speculate about which players will be in the Round 1 mix for the 2022 NFL Draft.
Recently, Pro Football Network’s Ian Cummings updated his 2022 mock draft, and he had 12 SEC stars going in the first 32 picks.
Interestingly, Texas A&M, not Alabama, is expected to have the most first-round picks from the SEC, with 4 to Alabama’s 2:
- No. 4 — Kaiir Elam, DB, Florida — Philadelphia Eagles
- No. 5 — Derek Stingley Jr., DB, LSU — Cincinnati Bengals
- No. 10 — Evan Neal, OL, Alabama — New York Giants
- No. 12 — Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas — Las Vegas Raiders
- No. 13 — Christian Harris, LB, Alabama — Carolina Panthers
- No. 14 — DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 16 — Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss — Pittsburgh Steelers
- No. 18 — Kingsley Enagbare, Edge, South Carolina — Los Angeles Chargers
- No. 22 — Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 27 — Charles Cross, OL, Mississippi State — Baltimore Ravens
- No. 30 — Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A&M — Buffalo Bills
- No. 32 — Ainias Smith, RB/WR, Texas A&M — Kansas City Chiefs
Of course, by the time the season actually starts, other players will work their way into this mix. But, for now, it’s a good look at where things stand heading into the 2021 campaign as far as NFL teams are concerned.