The 2019 NBA Draft is coming up in June, and soon, players will start to go through the pre-draft workouts and the NBA Combine.
Several SEC players are in the mix to be Round 1 picks, and CBS Sports analyst Garry Parrish has six SEC athletes going in the first round of his updated mock draft.
As you can see below, Vanderbilt’s Darius Garland is expected to lead the way at No. 4 overall, followed by a trio of Kentucky players and two Tennessee stars:
- No. 4 — Darius Garland, G, Vanderbilt — Chicago Bulls
- No. 14 — PJ Washington, F, Kentucky — Boston Celtics
- No. 15 — Tyler Herro, G, Kentucky — Detroit Pistons
- No. 19 — Keldon Johnson, G/F, Kentucky — San Antonio Spurs
- No. 23 — Admiral Schofield, G/F, Tennessee — Utah Jazz
- No. 26 — Grant Williams, F, Tennessee — Cleveland Cavaliers
It’s still early in the draft process, though, so we’ll see if all these guys remain in the draft. If they do, they’re certainly worthy of first-round picks.