9 SEC stars projected to go in Round 1 of CBS Sports' latest 2021 NFL Mock Draft
The 2021 NFL Draft is going to be an interesting one, for sure. Some college teams aren’t playing this fall. Some aren’t playing full seasons (Air Force is only playing 2 games, for example. North Dakota State currently has 1 game).
However, the pool of players eligible for the draft is as deep as ever, particularly in the SEC.
On Tuesday, CBS Sports analyst Ryan Wilson updated his first-round projections, and as you can see below, he has 9 SEC standouts going in the first 32 picks:
- No. 5 — Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama — Carolina Panthers
- No. 6 — Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU — Washington Football Team
- No. 8 — DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama — Detroit Lions
- No. 14 — Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama — Minnesota Vikings
- No. 16 — Trey Smith, OL, Tennessee — Chicago Bears
- No. 19 — Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida — Indianapolis Colts
- No. 23 — Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama — New England Patriots
- No. 31 — Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia — New Orleans Saints
Of course, there’s still a full season for things to change regarding these projections. We’ll see if any other SEC guys rise into Round 1 contention over the next couple of months.