Alabama-Ole Miss game broke multiple SEC records
Saturday’s night game between Alabama and Ole Miss was a track meet of constant touchdowns from start to finish. Unsurprisingly, multiple SEC offensive records fell in the process of the 63-48 outcome.
Here are some of the new records for a non-overtime game:
- 111 combined points
- 1,370 combined yards of offense
- 15 total touchdowns
AL.com Alabama beat writer Mike Rodak noted some numbers for the Crimson Tide record book:
- UA’s 723 total yards are second-most in school history
- Ole Miss’ 647 yards are most ever by an Alabama opponent
- DeVonta Smith tied a school record with 13 receptions
- Najee Harris tied a school record with 5 rushing touchdowns
Other outlets noted it was the most points Alabama has given up to an unranked opponent in the AP poll era. Crimson Tide defenders are likely in for quite a week of practice in Tuscaloosa. We’ll find out if the UA defense can get it together for the upcoming showdown with Georgia.