ESPN's Todd McShay projects 11 SEC players to go in 1st round of NFL Draft
Alabama had one of the most impressive seasons in college football history in 2020. The Crimson Tide navigated the unorthodox campaign to finish 13-0 and win the national championship.
Now, many of the key players who powered Alabama to success are heading to the next level. And quite a few will likely be selected during the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft in April.
That’s what ESPN’s Todd McShay is projecting, as his most recent mock draft has six Alabama players going within the first 28 picks of the upcoming draft. That includes Heisman Trophy-winning wide receiver DeVonta Smith, who McShay has going to the Miami Dolphins with the No. 3 overall pick.
In addition to six Alabama players, McShay has five others from the SEC going in the first round. Here are where McShay has all 11 of these standouts going:
3. Miami Dolphins — DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
7. Detroit Lions — Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
8. Carolina Panthers — Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
10. Dallas Cowboys — Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
17. Las Vegas Raiders — Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
20. Chicago Bears — Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss
21. Indianapolis Colts — Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
28. Pittsburgh Steelers — Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
30. New Orleans Saints — Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
31. Green Bay Packers — Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU