Latest ESPN bracketology has 8 SEC teams in NCAA Tournament, 1 on outside looking in
Now that the regular season is over, time is running out for teams trying to make the field of 68 NCAA Tournament teams.
The SEC Tournament tips off on Wednesday in St. Louis, and it’s a lose and you’re done affair. That means the pressure is on several SEC squads who need to avoid a first-round loss to stay in the field.
As you can see below, eight SEC teams are currently projected to make the field in ESPN expert Joe Lunardi’s latest bracketology, with Mississippi State sitting among the “Next Four Out” teams:
- Auburn — No. 3 seed (West)
- Tennessee — No. 3 seed (South)
- Kentucky — No. 5 seed (South)
- Florida — No. 6 seed (East)
- Arkansas — No. 7 seed (East)
- Texas A&M — No. 8 seed (East)
- Mizzou — No. 9 seed (West)
- Alabama — No. 10 seed (South)
- Mississippi State — Next Four Out
Obviously, Mizzou, Texas A&M, Alabama and Mississippi State are all on the bubble. A win or two would go a long way toward solidifying their tournament resumes.