The Power Rank predicts margin of victory for every Week 6 SEC game
We released our Week 6 predictions Wednesday evening but if an analytic method is more your style, here’s an alternative set of SEC picks that may interest you.
Ed Feng’s site The Power Rank recently released its picks for Week 6. Feng’s system has helped him to pick the correct winner 72.7% of the time dating back to the 2016 season. It’s also noteworthy that his record does not count cupcake FBS vs FCS games, only FBS vs FBS games.
Last week, The Power Rank once again accurately predicted seven of the eight SEC games. The only miss was Troy’s upset at LSU.
Here’s how The Power Rank predicts the weekend to play out in the SEC this time around:
- South Carolina will beat Arkansas by 1.3 points at home. The Razorbacks have a 46% chance of winning on the road.
- Alabama will beat Texas A&M by 12.7 points on the road. The Aggies have an 18% chance of winning at home.
- Florida will beat LSU by 7.5 points at home. The Tigers have a 29% chance of winning on the road.
- Georgia will beat Vanderbilt by 11.7 points on the road. The Commodores have a 20% chance of winning at home.
- Auburn will beat Ole Miss by 25.1 points at home. The Rebels have a 5% chance of winning on the road.
- Kentucky will beat Missouri by 16.5 points at home. The Tigers have a 12% chance of winning on the road.