Every Wednesday evening at SDS, we release our weekly picks. You can find our Week 7 predictions here but if an analytic method is more your style, here’s an alternative set of SEC picks that may interest you.
Ed Feng’s site The Power Rank recently released its picks for Week 7. Feng’s system has correctly picked the correct college football winner 72.7% of the time dating back to the 2016 season. It’s also noteworthy that the record does not count cupcake FBS vs FCS games, only FBS vs FBS games.
Last week, The Power Rank accurately predicted seven of the eight SEC games — the same mark it achieved the week prior. The only Week 6 miss was LSU’s upset at Florida.
Here’s how The Power Rank predicts the weekend to play out in the SEC for Week 7:
- Texas A&M will beat Florida by 2.1 points on the road. The Gators have a 44% chance of winning in the Swamp.
- South Carolina will beat Tennessee by 0.1 points on the road. The Volunteers have a 50% chance of winning in Neyland Stadium.
- Ole Miss will beat Vanderbilt by 0.8 points at home. The Commodores have a 48% chance of winning in Oxford.
- Auburn will beat LSU by 11.7 points on the road. LSU has a 20% chance of winning in Death Valley.
- Alabama will beat Arkansas by 26.3 points at home. The Razorbacks have a 4% chance of winning in Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- Georgia will beat Missouri by 31.5 points at home. The Tigers have a 2% chance of winning in Athens.
- Mississippi State will beat BYU by 15.9 points at home. The Bulldogs have an 87% chance of winning in Starkville.