SEC announces official bowl lineup through 2025
The Southeastern Conference officially announced the signing of new six-year contracts with 10 bowl games on Tuesday, guaranteeing the league several seats at the postseason table through the 2025 college football season.
The two new additions for the league following these agreements are the Las Vegas Bowl and the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa. The SEC’s association with those two bowl games will not take place this season, they begin in 2020.
College Football Playoff games and the Sugar Bowl, which holds the right to have the SEC Champion — if that team does not qualify for the CFP — are not listed below, despite those games hosting SEC teams that qualify on an annual basis.
After any College Football Playoff teams from the SEC are announced, and after the Sugar and Orange Bowls make their decisions on which SEC teams to host, the Citrus Bowl gets its top selection from the SEC.
SEC pool of marquee bowl games:
- Citrus Bowl (Orlando, FL)
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl (Houston, TX)
- AutoZone Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN)
- Belk Bowl (Charlotte, NC) (2021, 2023, 2025)
- Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl (Nashville, TN)
- Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) vs. Pac-12 (2020, 2022, 2024)
- TaxSlayer Gator Bowl (Jacksonville, FL)
- Outback Bowl (Tampa, FL)
After those games have all been selected, the Birmingham Bowl and the Gasparilla Bowl get to pick any remaining SEC teams.