SEC bowl projections for all 13 eligible teams by CBS Sports
The SEC saw a record 13 teams become bowl eligible during the 2021 season, and bowl season will certainly be busy for college football’s best conference.
CBS Sports is the latest to project bowl games ahead of the SEC Championship Game Saturday between Georgia and Alabama. If UGA beats Alabama, it all but eliminates the Tide from the Playoff with 2 losses. However, if Alabama upsets Georgia, both the Tide and Bulldogs will get into the College Football Playoff. Things get very interesting if that happens.
CBS projects Georgia as the only SEC Playoff team, and Alabama and Ole Miss will get New Year’s Six Bowl Games, according to the projections.
Below are the full projections:
- Orange Bowl: Georgia vs. Oklahoma State (Playoff semifinal)
- Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Baylor
- Peach Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Pittsburgh
- Outback Bowl: Kentucky vs. Wisconsin
- Citrus Bowl: Texas A&M vs. Iowa
- Gator Bowl: Arkansas vs. Wake Forest
- Texas Bowl: Mississippi State vs. Kansas State
- Music City Bowl: Tennessee vs. Minnesota
- Duke’s Mayo Bowl: South Carolina vs. Virginia
- Liberty Bowl: Auburn vs. Texas Tech
- Birmingham Bowl: LSU vs. UCF
- Quick Lane Bowl: Missouri vs. Eastern Michigan
- Cure Bowl: Florida vs. Appalachian State