SEC coaches, commissioner reveal favorite musical artists
Sometimes we get a glimpse into how SEC coaches are just like the rest of us. They have favorite music, too.
But now, Stadium has collected the favorite musical act or group for all 130 FBS head coaches and the 10 conference commissioners. They could only provide one answer and were not allowed to name multiple artists.
This gives a glimpse into the personalities for most of the coaches, and many of the choices are not a surprise for people who follow the league and the coaches interactions with players and the media.
Mississippi State coach Joe Moorhead, for example, went into detail during an SEC Network interview at SEC Media Days in July about his love for old-school rap and R&B.
While these coaches have long hours, especially during the season, it’s easy to picture them listening to this music on the way to their office, or the stadium.
- Commissioner Greg Sankey – U2
- Nick Saban, Alabama – Eagles
- Chad Morris, Arkansas – George Strait
- Gus Malzahn, Auburn – The Cars
- Dan Mullen, Florida – U2
- Kirby Smart, Georgia – Luke Bryan
- Mark Stoops, Kentucky – Toby Keith
- Ed Orgeron, LSU – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State – The Notorious B.I.G.
- Barry Odom, Missouri – George Strait
- Matt Luke, Ole Miss – Jason Aldean
- Will Muschamp, South Carolina – Darius Rucker
- Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Kenny Chesney
- Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M – George Strait
- Derek Mason, Vanderbilt – Marvin Gaye