SEC’s 10 biggest stories you missed during Week 10
Now that Week 10 is officially in the books, let’s look at the 10 biggest stories you may have missed over the weekend, in no particular order:
1. No. 4 Alabama rolled to five in a row after dominating No. 2 LSU and stifling Tigers RB Leonard Fournette. Fournette was held to just 31 yards while Tide RB Derrick Henry made a statement with his 210 yards and 3 TDs. He has now tied former Gators QB Tim Tebow with a touchdown in 14 consecutive games.
2. Arkansas upset No. 18 Ole Miss in OT after a crazy — and arguably questionable — play on fourth-and-25. Hogs QB Brandon Allen was the star of the night with 442 yards and 6 TDs. The loss took the Rebels out of the AP Poll, and it will undoubtedly remove them from the CFP poll as well.
3. Auburn got a big win over No. 19 Texas A&M with a little help from some trick plays. With Tigers QB Sean White still out with an injury, QB Jeremy Johnson had to step up for this win.
4. No. 10 Florida narrowly escapes Vanderbilt just one week after its big win over Georgia. The win over the Commodores and their star RB Ralph Webb clinches the SEC East title for the Gators.
5. Head coach Mark Richt is temporarily off the chopping block after Georgia’s much-needed win over Kentucky.
6. LSU RB Leonard Fournette’s jersey was auctioned off for a record-setting sum of $101,000 on Monday. The proceeds will go directly to South Carolina flood relief.
7. Following mass student protests and a player strike, Missouri president Tim Wolfe has resigned amidst racial struggles many students and faculty members say they feel Wolfe has ignored.
8. The head ball coach broke hearts this week when he announced he won’t be attending the matchup between his former Gamecocks and his former Gators in Week 11.
9. After blowing a 17-point lead over the Gamecocks, Tennessee squeaked out the win in Knoxville.
10. A Green Bay Packers fan is calling for the arrest of former Auburn QB Cam Newton after he stole the fan’s sign because he deemed the sign to be disrespectful. Spoiler alert: it wasn’t.