If South Carolina is going to make a bowl game and contend for the SEC East division next fall, the Gamecocks will have to do so by navigating the toughest schedule in the nation, according to ESPN’s Football Power Index.
On the bright side, the Gamecocks are only scheduled to hit the road for four true road games next season with an additional neutral site season opener set to kick off the 2019 season for Will Muschamp’s squad. However, two of the home games the Gamecocks have scheduled are against the two teams that advanced to the College Football Playoff National Championship Game last season.
ESPN’s updated Football Power Index projects the Gamecocks to win 6.1 games next season despite being ranked as the nation’s No. 18 team.
Here is South Carolina’s full 2019 slate, including each opponent’s record in 2018:
- vs. North Carolina *in Charlotte (2-9) on Aug. 31
- vs. Charleston Southern (5-6) on Sept. 7
- vs. Alabama (14-1) on Sept. 14
- at Missouri (8-5) on Sept. 21
- vs. Kentucky (10-3) on Sept. 28
- BYE WEEK Oct. 5
- at Georgia (11-3) on Oct. 12
- vs. Florida (10-3) on Oct. 19
- at Tennessee (5-7) on Oct. 26
- vs. Vanderbilt (6-7) on Nov. 2
- vs. Appalachian State (11-2) on Nov. 9
- at Texas A&M (9-4) on Nov. 16
- BYE WEEK Nov. 23
- vs. Clemson (15-0) on Nov. 30