Uniform update Vanderbilt: Will Mason incorporate anchor helmet decal?
Leading up to gameday on Aug. 28, our in-house uniform expert Brad Crawford will look at every SEC team’s apparel plans this season. Some programs are incorporating new alternates while others have made subtle alterations to helmets. We have our favorite looks and we’re sure you do as well.
Here’s a team-by-team glance at what you’ll see this fall:
- Alabama (Nike)
- Arkansas (Nike)
- Auburn (Under Armour)
- Florida (Nike)
- Georgia (Nike)
- Kentucky (Nike)
- LSU (Nike)
- Mississippi St. (Adidas)
- Mizzou (Nike)
- Ole Miss (Nike)
- South Carolina (Under Armour)
- Tennessee (Adidas)
- Texas A&M (Adidas)
- Vanderbilt (Nike)
VANDERBILT COMMODORES (NIKE)
- 2014 HOME: Gold helmet + black jersey + gold pants OR White helmet + black jersey + white pants
- 2014 ROAD: Black helmet + white jersey + black pants OR White helmet + white jersey + white pants
- 2014 ALTERNATES: Black helmet + black jersey + black pants (HOME 1); Black helmet + gold jersey + black pants (HOME 2); White helmet + black jersey + black pants (HOME 3); White helmet + white jersey + black pants (AWAY 1)
- WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE: Matte black helmet (w/ anchor secondary logo) + black jersey + gold pants — In 2012, the Commodores’ massive Nike uniform overhaul included an improved gold alternate with black shoulders and a white helmet. Vanderbilt wore the same home combination only once last season, going with gold-black-black against Georgia and Wake Forest. The Commodores’ primary black star outlined in gold logo has been in place since 2008, but the secondary anchor graphic is rumored to appear at some point this season. Vanderbilt’s already alluded to the fact it will debut a new matte black lid during Thursday’s season opener against Temple. The addition gives the Commodores four helmet options on gamedays this fall.
2012 and 2013 GOLD ALTERNATE