2022 NFL Draft: Georgia shatters record for players selected in a single draft during modern era
After winning the national championship, Georgia has smashed a record via the 2022 NFL Draft.
In the 6th round, CB Derion Kendrick and TE John FitzPatrick went back-to-back to the Los Angeles Rams and the Atlanta Falcons, respectively. That gives the Bulldogs 15 selections in this year’s draft, setting a new record for players selected from one team in a single draft during the modern era. The previous record was 14 and held by Miami (2004) and LSU (2020).
Georgia began the draft with the No. 1 overall pick in pass-rusher Travon Walker. The Bulldog defense went on to dominate the 1st round with 5 defenders setting another NFL Draft record Thursday evening.
Now, with 4 picks coming off the board in the 6th round, Georgia claims a modern-era record with 15 total players and a little over one round left to go in the draft.
Here are the 15 Bulldogs selected in the draft:
- No. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars – Travon Walker, DE
- No. 13 Philadelphia Eagles – Jordan Davis, DT
- No. 22 Green Bay Packers – Quay Walker, LB
- No. 28 Green Bay Packers – Devonte Wyatt, DT
- No. 32 Minnesota Vikings – Lewis Cine, S
- No. 52 Pittsburgh Steelers – George Pickens, WR
- No. 63 Buffalo Bills – James Cook, RB
- No. 83 Philadelphia Eagles – Nakobe Dean, LB
- No. 102 Miami Dolphins – Channing Tindall, LB
- No. 122 Las Vegas Raiders – Zamir White, RB
- No. 133 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Jake Camarda, P
- No. 190 Atlanta Falcons – Justin Shaffer, G
- No. 195 Los Angeles Chargers – Jamaree Salyer, G
- No. 212 Los Angeles Rams – Derion Kendrick, CB
- No. 213 Atlanta Falcons – John FitzPatrick, TE