Following his debut 5-7 season at Tennessee, Jeremy Pruitt shook up his Volunteer coaching staff in anticipation for his second season on Rocky Top.
Tennessee is set to feature three new coordinators and some movement among the coaches that remain from Pruitt’s first season on staff. During his Friday afternoon media availability, Pruitt announced the roles for his 10 assistant coaches.
Here is how Pruitt broke down his new-look staff as Tennessee heads into spring football in the coming weeks:
- Jim Chaney — Offensive coordinator
- Tee Martin — Receivers/passing game coordinator/associate head coach
- Chris Weinke — Quarterbacks
- David Johnson — Running backs
- Brian Neidermeyer — Tight ends
- Will Friend — Offensive line
- Derrick Ansley — Defensive coordinator/defensive backs
- Chris Rumph — Outside linebackers/co-Defensive coordinator
- Kevin Sherrer — Inside linebackers/special teams coordinator
- Tracy Rocker — Defensive line
When asked who would call plays on defense, Pruitt revealed that Ansley will be making the defensive calls next season. That’s a responsibility Pruitt held last season but will now give that duty to his new defensive backs coach. Pruitt and Ansley previously worked together at Alabama under Nick Saban.