Projected 2014 starters: Vanderbilt Commodores
SDS continues its series of predicting the game one starters for all 14 SEC teams. Next up, the Vanderbilt Commodores.
Vanderbilt opens the season at home against Temple, and here is our projected starting lineup:
|QB||Johnny McCrary||DE||Adam Butler|
|RB||Jerron Seymour||DT||Vince Taylor|
|WR||Jordan Cunningham||DE||Barron Dixon|
|WR||Kris Kentera||OLB||Kyle Woestmann|
|WR||Latevius Rayford||MLB||Darreon Herring|
|TE||Steven Scheu||MLB||Nigel Bowden|
|LT||Andre Jelks||OLB||Caleb Azubike|
|LG||Jake Bernstein||CB||Paris Head|
|C||Joe Townsend||CB||Torren McGaster|
|RG||Spencer Pulley||SS||Jahmel McIntosh|
|RT||Andrew Bridges||FS||Andrew Williamson|
- Johnny McCrary, Patton Robinette and Stephen Rivers continue battling for the starting QB job through fall camp, but McCrary has the most upside of the three and should win the job. I love his playmaking ability.
- Who’s the next Jordan Matthews? Try Jordan Cunningham. He should be a great player by the time his career is over.
- The Commodores’ offensive line is better than you think, and all five are versatile players who can play several different positions.
- Derek Mason’s new 3-4 defense should actually fit the Commodores really well, with ends Kyle Woestmann and Caleb Azubike moving to outside linebacker.
- Adam Butler is an emerging playmaker, and he can play either tackle or end.
- Darreon Herring is a big-time player, but Nigel Bowden could be one of the emerging stars this season.
Predicted starters for every SEC team’s first game: